Heel ulcers are the most common facility-acquired pressure ulcer in long-term acute care facilities. Heels are particularly vulnerable to pressure injury due to direct sustained pressure on the heel from prolonged contact with the supporting surface. As a result, much of the pressure from the weight of the foot and lower leg is concentrated on the small area of skin overlying the heel.
The Aspire Heel Protector is designed to offload pressure from the bony prominence of the heel area, and redistribute it to the larger surface are of the lower leg, one very important aspect of heel ulcer prevention.
- Intelligent leg support zone offloads pressure from the heel and redistributes it to the larger surface area of the lower leg.
- Soft breathable natural cotton fabric outer.
- Cushioning silicone fibre inner promotes airflow for skin micro climate management.
- Seems are located within padding folds to avoid pressure points.
- Adjustable velcro straps offer a snug fit and facilitate one universal size.
- Machine washable.
- Sold as a pair.