Charging your motorised wheelchair
To get the most out of your electric wheelchair it’s important to fully charge the batteries between use, and especially before heading outside.
- Turn the wheelchair power switch to the OFF position
- Plug the charger into the charging port and then connect the cord to a power outlet
- The red/orange LED light indicates that the wheelchair is charging
- A green light will appear when the wheelchair’s battery is fully charged
- Once charged, disconnect the charger from the charging port and then from the power outlet
It will take approximately 8-10 hours to fully charge the motorised wheelchair battery – charge it overnight so it’s ready for you to use the next day. You should also recharge the battery once a week if the wheelchair is being kept in storage.