- Headmaster Collar provides excellent support and control. Open design is cool and unobtrusive to wear. Bend manually for a custom fit. Soft rear strap with hook-and-loop closure.
- Neck pad attaches to the inside rear of the neck strap for extension support.
- Place the pads lateral to the occiput. Bend to a comfortable fit.
- Good access to a tracheal tube, if needed. Quick release velcro. One measurement to determine the size (6 available sizes)
- To determine the proper sized collar, use the instruction guidelines below. It is always recommended to have a health care professional assist in measuring for correct size as well as fitting the collar. If you are not sure, ask your doctor or therapist first
- Use a ruler or tape measure and start from the chins center point straight to the edge of the jaw under the ear where it forms an angled curve that you can feel.
- Pick the sizing that matches the number you get from the ruler which corresponds to “a” in the illustration. Again, the smaller collar should be chosen if you fall in between 2 sizes.
- You always measure for the Headmaster collar by measuring from the tip of the chin to the angle of the mandible (jaw). As you are trying to get the shortest distance between these two points ( in other words, the bone measurement), it is always recommended to measure with a straight ruler (or callipers, or fingers used as callipers) and to measure under the jaw. Measuring along the side will give you a distorted measure because of curvature, muscle and fat layers, as will using a fabric measuring tape.